Monday, August 19, 2024

MY LOW SELF-WORTH

Over the past 2 years, the Lord has suffered me to endure a long hard trial. We are finally coming to the end of it, and here is what I’ve learned about my self-worth (the core beliefs I have about my worth and value).

The former me would never ask for help because I didn’t think people wanted to help me. I sure didn’t want to be a burden on anyone, so I just did everything for myself and if I was not able to do it by myself, I would just suffer the need to go unmet, but I was certainly not going to ask anyone for help.

After 2 years of enduring this trial (it took that long to come to my senses), here is what I’ve learned: I love people and people love me. I am not a burden. I’m easy to love. I am worthy to receive the blessings of those who want to bless me. I can stop turning them down. My needs and wants are valid. I no longer have low self-worth. I didn’t choose the Lord, He chose and appointed me to bear fruit, and walk with my head above my shoulders and know that I am somebody. I’m God’s child, an heir and joint heir with Christ, seated together with Him at His right hand in heavenly places. No longer will I look in the mirror and see a no-body looking back at me, but I’ll walk with my head held high as a daughter of the Most High God, because that’s who I am.

I AM SOMEBODY

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove