Monday, July 15, 2024

GREAT DAY OF GOD'S WRATH

A couple of years ago, I was praying many prayers about something in the news. Day after day I kept getting angrier and angrier at the wickedness of the situation. Finally, I was laying in bed one night and I heard a thunderstorm in the far distance, getting closer and closer. It finally came and stood over our house. That thunder was the loudest I have ever heard. It roared! It clapped! It blasted! I said calmly to myself, “Well, I don’t have to be angry about this anymore, because now, God is mad.” I turned over and went to sleep. The thunder didn’t make me afraid, it put me to sleep.

When the great day of His wrath is come, who will be able to stand? (Rev. 6:17)

The Lord allowed that thunderstorm to show me the effectiveness of my prayers. The thunder came from way out in the distance, straight to me and hovered over me. That’s what happens when we pray, we move God in that same way.

James 5:16 The effective, fervent prayers of the righteous avails much.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove