Saturday, July 13, 2024

CLEANING UP MY THOUGHTS

I have been seeking the Lord about how to overcome the battlefield of my mind... so impure thoughts that keep bumping up against me can be cast down.

Here's the prayer He gave me:

"I cast down any and every impure thought that exalts itself against what I know about the Lord, and exchange those thoughts for virtue and godliness. Let the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus rescue me each time I face temptation, and set me free from evil."

I'm going to memorize this so I can quote it when I'm bombarded with ungodly thoughts.


Also, what Jesus did when tempted by the devil, was quote the word of God.

Matthew 4:4 (NKJV) But He answered and said, "It is written, 'Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.' "

Go in peace.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove