Friday, March 29, 2024

LIVING MY BEST LIFE

๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š๐Ÿ’š

I’m living my best life but not because I’m wealthy, because I am not. And it’s certainly not because I have all my needs met, because I don’t. But I’m living my best life because I have Jesus in my heart, and nothing on this earth can compare to that. Yes, we can have great mammon (more money than we can spend), but a relationship with our Heavenly Father outweighs all of that.

I’m reminded of so many biblical heroes that testified to that. Shadrach, Meshach, and Abed-Nego said to King Nebuchadnezzar, “Our God is able to deliver us from your burning fiery furnace O king. But even if He doesn’t, we will still not bow to your idol gods.” These were souls committed to God not because He would make life easy, but because of their love for Him. They were thrown into the fiery furnace but the fire did not harm them. God was committed to them too.

Paul and Silas had been beaten with rods and thrown into prison with their feet locked in the stocks. But in the midnight hour they were singing hymns to God and praying. The prophet Isaiah says, God comforts all who mourn, and consoles those who mourn, to give them beauty for ashes, the oil of joy for their mourning, and the garment of praise for the spirit of heaviness. That is spiritual wealth, my dear friends, that money cannot buy. There are millionaires out there who are not happy, proving that our best lives are not always filled with material things (cars, cash, clothes, and a castle).

I'm not trying to talk you out of your life's dreams. Not at all. Keep believing... but incorporate those beliefs with a hunger and a thirst for God. He will do exceedingly abundantly above all that you can ask or think.

Go in peace.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove