Monday, May 29, 2023

THERE IS NO PLAN B

A fictional story is told of a conversation between Jesus and the angel Gabriel.

After Jesus ascended to heaven, Gabriel approached Him and said, "Master, You must have suffered terribly for mankind down there." "Yes I did," Jesus said. Gabriel continued, "Do they know all about how You loved them and what You did for them?"

"Not yet," Jesus said. "Right now only a handful of people in Palestine know. I left them to preach My kingdom and be My witnesses to the ends of the earth. Ultimately, all of mankind will have heard about My life and what I have done for them."

Gabriel was perplexed and a little skeptical. "So You expect Peter who denied You three times, and the other disciples who scattered when You were being arrested to take this message to the ends of the earth? What if Peter, James and John grow weary? What if the people who come after them forget? What if way down in the twenty-first century, people just don't tell others about You? Haven't You made any other plans?"

And Jesus answered, "I have no other plans. I'm counting on them."

Twenty centuries later...Jesus still has no other plan!

Acts 1:8 But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses of Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea, and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove