Tuesday, February 21, 2023

OUR PRAYERS MATTER (8)

The 10th chapter of Daniel tells the story of Daniel praying to God but not getting an answer even though he prayed earnestly and fervently. He ate no pleasant food, no meat and no wine, and mourned 3 full weeks. Then finally on the 21st day an angel shows up with the answer to Daniel’s prayer. He said that Daniel’s prayer was heard on the 1st day he prayed but the devil blocked his way, till Michael the warrior angel came and helped him break through.

In a recent blogpost (1/29/23), I said that I don’t like to give the devil my undivided attention… going through everyday engaged in spiritual warfare. I have better things to do concerning the kingdom of God than fight with the devil. He’s a distraction. But when he is in the way, we have to get him out of the way. Even Jesus told the devil, “Get behind Me, Satan!” (Luke 4:8 NKJV)

Do you need to get the devil out of your way? Armor up with this prayer.



Get behind me, Satan! It is written in the word of God (which is the sword of the Spirit), that the Lord of hosts will rebuke the devourer for my sake so you will not destroy the fruit of my ground, nor shall the vine fail to bear fruit for me in this season. The Lord rebuke you! Take your hands off my things.

Heavenly Father, I pray that You will give Your angels charge over us, to keep us, and protect us from the hand of the enemy. Father, You are my dwelling place. No evil will conquer me because You are my shelter. Under Your wings I am protected and safe.

Father, I pray that You will open for me the windows of heaven and pour out such blessings that there is not enough room to receive it all. You are my provider, my healer, my protector, my counselor, my guide, my teacher, my redeemer, and my friend… my all in all. I pray for breakthrough today. I pray You will defeat the enemy attacking me. Bind the work of Satan right now. Whatever we bind on earth is bound in heaven. Whatever we loose on earth is loosed in heaven, and the God of peace will crush Satan under our feet. For we are seated with Christ in the heavenly places far above all principalities, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named. He has put all things under His feet and gave Him (the Son of God and the Son of Man) to be head over all things to the church. We labor abundantly by Your grace knowing that our labor is not in vain.

Enable me to remain steadfast, immovable and always abounding in the work of the Lord. Search me O God, and know my heart; try me and know my anxieties; and see if there is any wicked way in me. Forgive me of all I’ve done, and said, and thought that was not pleasing in Your sight and lead me in the way everlasting. Thank You for loving me and keeping me by Your power, through my faith in You to be my keeper. These and all blessings we ask and pray in the mighty and matchless name of Jesus. Amen.

To God be the glory.

Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove