Friday, December 23, 2022

RE-ENERGIZED

Human instinct when feeling under appreciated is to quietly quit trying, or take the heart out of our efforts. We may not verbally say anything, or formally resign, we just quit trying to do our best.

What could be more miserable than to live as a Christian, with a promise that God gives us the victory, but live far beneath the reality of that promise on a regular basis?

If I read the biblical promises that Christians are supposed to have, and never see them manifested in my life, how am I to establish in the faith that my life is any better than an unbeliever's who have no promises for victory.

How is it that we pray over and over… and over for healing, and sometimes the condition actually gets worse instead of better? Where is the victory in "by His stripes we are healed"?

Feeling under appreciated by the Lord may sometimes cause us to pull away from God and maybe our relationship with Him will not flourish as a result.

The prophet Elijah had given up and prayed that he might die. He said, “I’ve had enough Lord, please take my life.” He felt he had done God’s will when others had not, and now Jezebel was trying to have him killed. Elijah experienced the depths of despair. To lead him out of depression, God first let Elijah rest. He sent an angel to feed him. Then He supernaturally strengthened Elijah to travel over 200 miles on one meal, where God confronted Elijah with the need to return to his mission, which he did.

The apostle Paul said that he was confident that the One who has begun a good work in us will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus’s return. Sometimes we may feel like giving up but God is our keeper, and strength giver. The prophet Isaiah said, “They shall walk and not faint,” just as Elijah did for 200 miles on the strength of one meal. And he said, "They shall run and not be weary," just as Elijah did when the hand of the Lord came upon him and he ran ahead of King Ahab and his chariot of horses to the entrance of Jezreel.

The apostle Paul said, “I know the One in whom I believe and I am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that Day.”

There was a season when I went through a time of feeling unappreciated by the Lord and He renewed my faith with many, many still small voice experiences. I was inundated with God moments that I knew was Him telling me, “I’m with you daughter.” God has a way of making you feel like His favorite child. God let Elijah rest and re-energized him anew for ministry, and Elijah went on his way.

God is saying to me and you, “I am with you always even to the end of the age.”

Isaiah 40:31 NKJV But those who wait on the LORD shall renew their strength; they shall mount up with wings like eagles, they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint.

What about those who have given up waiting because it never seems to manifest? Is their strength renewed too? Yes, it is renewed and re-energized! And all the promises of God in Him are Yes, and in Him Amen, to the glory of God. They will come to pass.

So if you're not feeling victorious today, and need a miracle manifestation from God for anything, just lift your eyes toward heaven right now and say, "Lord, please help me."

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove