Friday, October 21, 2022

MY GRACE IS SUFFICIENT

Recently, two dogs moved in next door to us, one to our immediate left and one to our immediate right. Long story short, they LOVE to bark, both of them, very loudly. I prayed and prayed that the Lord would rebuke the devil for putting these dogs here to torment me day in and day out. I even spoke with one of the owners. Nothing! Finally, I heard the voice of the Lord say, “I put the dogs there! I am trying to teach you endurance. Where I’m taking you, you will experience many loud barkers. You need the stamina and endurance to face it.”

The neighbor I spoke with concerning his barking dog... eventually, someone killed it, and the noise eased up a bit. God had mercy on me, but I'm still struggling greatly. At times I just feel tormented because all I want is some peace and quiet and it doesn't come. The Lord is not taking away my thorn in the flesh, though I have begged Him many, many times.

The apostle Paul begged and pleaded with the Lord three times to remove his thorn in the flesh but the Lord responded, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in your weakness.” This was an aha-moment for Paul. He began to see his thorn in the flesh with a new perspective, and stated that he would now take pleasure in insults, hardships, persecution, and trouble, for Christ's sake. "For when I am weak," he said, "then I am strong."

Paul was able to see God's power manifested in his weakest moments. The apostle Paul was taught under Gamaliel, a well respected teacher of the law and member of the Sanhedrin council. He learned many things at his feet but Gamaliel couldn't teach Paul about God's grace. It took a thorn in the flesh to reveal that. Paul would not be tormented any longer by his thorn in the flesh but said, "Most gladly will I rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me."

Therefore, I pray the Lord will also change my perspective about the German Shepherd next door. When he goes on a barking tangent, let me fall to my knees and pray for the Lord's sufficient grace to strengthen me, and empower me, and cover me. Increase my faith Lord, for utter dependence on You. When the noise is overwhelming, let me fall at Your feet and receive Your peace that surpasses all understanding. Let Your peace guard my heart and my mind through my Savior, Christ Jesus... in His name I pray, Amen.

Philippians 4:6-7 NKJV Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 12:11 NKJV Now no chastening seems to be joyful for the present, but painful; nevertheless, afterward it yields the peaceable fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove