Saturday, October 29, 2022

BUILDING SPIRITUAL MUSCLE

Many years ago one of the ministers at church called me up to talk out our differences. I was the Adult Class Sunday School teacher. I felt that he and a couple of other brothers loved giving me a hard time by debating with me over the lesson. We hashed it out and cleared the air. But before we hung up he quoted me a Scripture out of the book of Jeremiah, that has stayed with me all these years.

"If you have run with the footmen, and they have wearied you, then how can you contend with horses? And if in the land of peace, in which you trusted, they wearied you, then how will you do in the floodplain of the Jordan?" Jer. 12:5

If I am wearied by 2 or 3 brothers in a Sunday School class, how could I possibly manage the masses... if I believe God has called me to the masses?

I recently asked the Lord if there was a better way to get from the pit to the palace (Joseph's story in the book of Genesis) without going through a bunch of trials and tribulations. After much deliberation, I received the understanding that the only way to build spiritual muscle is to work them out. đź’Şđź’Ş He has to build us up before He can send us out.

Jesus said to His disciples, "If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me." Matt 16:24

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove