Thursday, January 14, 2021

Validation Through a Like Button

We post, and we wait for a reaction... thumbs up, heart emoji, hands clapping, a sad face, or a comment. But what if no one reacts to your post? Does that make you feel dejected? Do you come back over and over to see if someone has liked the post?

I had to have a frank discussion with myself that my worth and value is NOT tied up in a social media post. In fact, a while back I shut down the comments on my blog site for that very reason. I post to help someone, whether they acknowledge me or not. If I have something laying heavy on my heart, it must be said so that at least the one person God wants to reach will hear it.

Be confident in you!  Don't let algorithms ruin your day.

 I like to create designs in an app called Design Home. Others vote on your designs and if you get 4 stars or more, you have earned free furnishings to add to your inventory. I noticed a while back that if I got a 3-star rating, I felt disappointed... dejected. One day I went back and looked at my design and thought that I still really liked what I created even though it didn’t get 4 stars. From that day on, I decided that if I liked the design, it doesn’t matter how many stars it gets.

Because the social media platform is built on others seeing what’s on your mind, it can be disappointing when no one acknowledges your post. Don’t let that overwhelm you. Keep being you. Keep on keeping on. Go back and look at the post and if you still like it, then all is well.

 Remember, “You have an audience of One, and if He applauds you then take your bow.”

 Voice of the Dove, Dee Richardson