Sunday, August 18, 2019

Unanswered Prayers


Lately I have been seeking the Lord about my unanswered prayers, because it seems like I am starting to lose faith in praying because of the multitude of unanswered ones piling up.

A long time ago I came across a poem that still blesses me to this day.


I found a penny today
Just laying on the ground.
But it's not just a penny
This little coin I've found.

Found pennies come from heaven
that's what my Grandpa told me.
He said Angels tossed them down
Oh, how I loved that story!

He said when an Angel misses you
They toss a penny down,
sometimes just to cheer you up
To make a smile out of your frown.

So don't pass by that penny
When you're feeling blue.
It may be a penny from heaven
That an Angel's tossed to you.
Author: Copyright © 1998 C Mashburn

Recently I had had a pretty intense monologue about my prayer life during morning devotional. When I got off the parking garage elevator on my way to work that day, there were about 25-50 pennies scattered on the ground in the elevator lobby. WOW!!! Could there possibly be at least 25 angels sending "me" a penny? That whole day I kept imagining them hanging around me.

I know the Lord is concerned about everything that concerns us. He is not a stranger to anything going on in our lives. Perhaps I am not ready for the things I am requesting.

The Lord spoke to me a couple weeks ago through something I read saying, "If you become weary of waiting for answers to your prayers, please remember that I also wait, so that I may be gracious to you and have mercy on you, the one that I love so dearly."

On my birthday the Lord sent my favorite Bible verse. "For I know the thoughts that I think toward you", says the LORD, "thoughts of peace and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope." Jeremiah 29:11 NKJV

Although my wait continues, that morning in the elevator lobby will be forever etched in my memory. He comforted me in my waiting.

I love the LORD, because He has heard my voice and my supplications. Because He has inclined His ear to me, therefore I will call upon Him as long as I live. Psalm 116:1-2 NKJV

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove