Sunday, June 23, 2019

He Loves Me

Zephaniah 3:17 (NKJV)
The LORD your God in your midst,
the Mighty One, will save;
He will rejoice over you with gladness,
He will quiet you with His love,
He will rejoice over you with singing.

When I woke up this morning I grabbed my phone and took it with me to the restroom, intending to play music while I washed up.

Coincidentally, the song next up in the que was I Feel You Moving by Bishop Paul S. Morton. As the song played I knew it was no coincidence that that particular song played first on this particular day.

I have been struggling and praying about my attitude toward a couple of people and I do need the Lord to move in me to help me love them.

The prophet Zephaniah said, "He will quiet my spirit with His love and rejoice over me with singing."

In my morning devotional, the author talked about a photo she received in which both her parents sat gazing lovingly at her.

This is how our Heavenly Father sees us. I am struggling in my attitude towards others, yet His love towards me is still alive and flourishing.

In all these things we're more than conquerors through Him who loved us... and loves us still.