Sunday, November 21, 2021

Bloom Where You're Planted

Excerpt #1 From a Facebook Post
God uses imperfect vessels. He's using one to write this page. So please don't wait for "perfection"  before you get started doing something for God. Start where you are. Be as transparent and humble as you can be. Don't worry about a title or a platform. Start just as you are,  right where you are with what you have. Start with the person in front of you and go from there. God can use you in your current state because He can still work THROUGH you. He's orchestrating everything and you're just the conduit. I am so imperfect despite years of seeking and wanting to be perfect. But one day I realized my true state. The difference is I decided not to wait any longer. I realized that God could still use me, so I stepped up and into my assignment. Don't wait until you get to a certain point in your life or place in your life or station in your life.  If God is tugging on your heart to do something, the time and the place is right now! Remember God uses imperfect vessels... you and I are one of them. Let God use you.

Excerpt #2 From a Facebook Post
Whatever it is that you're trying to FORCE to make happen in your life, just stop that today. First of all, it may not even be God's will for you.  Secondly,  if it is, God doesn't need your help to make it come to pass. Relax. Let go. See what happens. There's no need to "force"  anything that is already PREDESTINED for you. It WILL come to pass and is already in motion!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The above excerpts from 9/3/2017 were written by a very sweet sister, Sharmaine, who publishes When Women Write on Facebook.  When I saw Excerpt #1, my immediate reaction was, "I have been sitting on ready for years, but it seems like the Lord is not ready for me. An imperfect vessel I truly am but how to move forward is a mystery to me and God is not giving me the resources to make that move. I am baffled by the whole ministry business. Maybe I am the one confused about what the Lord wants to do with me.

After Jesus was crucified and rose from the grave, and was about to ascend to heaven to sit on the right hand of God the Father, His apostles asked Him, "Will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?" They were still confused about the Lord's plans. Jesus was going to build a church body and they were preparing for the restoration of the nation of Israel.

God is not the author of confusion, but of peace.

In October 2015, I saw a sign on a church marquee that said, "Do God's Work and Will". I had been praying about whether to go back to work or enter ministry. I took this as a sign from God. I had been trying for two years but couldn't seem to get in agreement with the Lord as to what that actually looked like. I was trying to write, blog, and teach on YouTube. I tried publishing on Facebook, and none of that seemed to be the way. His will continued to baffle me. What is God's work and will, and why won't He tell me so I can be about it?


In Excerpt #2, Sharmaine said, "Whatever you're doing to force it to happen, stop that today. God does not need your help to carry out His will."

"God's work and will" is to bloom right where He's planted you. Be an open vessel... His chosen vessel, and an instrument of His will. Let God take the lead, and follow close behind.

I asked the Lord a long time ago... "Lord, what is it that You require of me?" His response was a Bible verse in Micah 6:8, "He has shown you, O man (or Dee), what is good; and what does the LORD require of you but to do justly, to love mercy, and to walk humbly with your God?"

Do the right thing.
Be good to others.
Walk humbly before God.

Bloom where you're planted. When God opens a door go through it, and bloom there till He opens another one.

Philippians 2:13 (NKJV) It is God who works in you both to will and to do for His good pleasure.

Ecclesiastes 12:13 (NLT) That's the whole story. Here now is my final conclusion: Fear God and obey His commands, for this is everyone's duty.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove