Sunday, March 20, 2016

Stumbling In The Dark

"I know Jesus is the light, but why are His followers stumbling around in the dark," I asked myself.

Often times I wonder to myself if I made the right decision... or if I'm about to make the right decision.

The Lord's response to my query:
"The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him, and He will show them His covenant. My eyes are ever toward the Lord for He shall pluck my feet out of the net." (Psalm 25:14-15)

When we stumble around in the dark, He will establish our going. When we keep our eyes fixed on Jesus, He will take care of us. He will pluck our feet out of the net, if we happen to get into trouble along the way.  Sometimes the darkness is so thick that we cannot see Him, but He sees us and is with us in valley of the shadow of death. Even if we stumble, or make a wrong turn, our Lord will pluck our feet out of the net... and work it out for our good.

I just started a new job and I'm still getting to know people. My boss called me from outside the office and said, "Hi Dee!" I didn't recognize his voice at all so I glanced over at Caller ID and recognized his phone number and knew it was him. I'm sure the longer I work there I'll become more and more familiar with his voice, and his ways, that I wont need Caller ID to identify him.

Jesus said, "My sheep know My voice." I believe this takes practice. I believe it takes following the Shepherd at close proximity to get to know His voice and recognize it without any other means of confirmation.

The true light is already shining and darkness is passing away. If today, you find yourself in the valley of decision, not knowing what to do...
"The secret of the Lord is with those who fear Him, and He will show them His covenant. My eyes are ever toward the Lord for He shall pluck my feet out of the net." (Psalm 25:14-15)


Go in peace.