Monday, December 14, 2015

You're Forgiven

I'm sorry... so sorry.
I used to have a Rottweiler named Freddie... he was a very smart dog. I'm hoping my Lord will make an exception so he can spend eternity with me at my heavenly mansion. :-)

One day I opened the back door to feed Freddie and he didn't come running. I never had to call Freddie, he would always come running when he heard the door open... because my Freddie loved him some Dee. But that day, no Freddie. So I called and called and called. No Freddie. Not a peep. About the time I was going into panic mode, it came to me to check the garden. My (then) husband had a fenced in vegetable garden in the corner of our backyard. So, I trumped out there... faith and begorrah, there he was, looking as guilty as Adam and Eve when God came looking for them in the Garden of Eden. He heard me calling and calling but he never bothered to make a sound. Apparently, he had figured out how to dislodge the latch and let himself in, but once inside, he could not get back out and was too embarrassed to bark and let me know where he was.

When Adam and Eve heard the Lord coming, they hid themselves behind the trees of the garden from the presence of the Lord. Before they sinned, they were both buck-naked and not at all ashamed. But after they sinned, they were now ashamed and covered themselves with fig leaves. God called to Adam, "Where are you?" The same as I did with Freddie as he hid in the vegetable garden.

I scolded Freddie, "What are you doing in there?" He just sat there looking up at me with sad puppy dog eyes. I think if he could've spoken he would've said, "I'm so sorry mistress. Please get me out of here and I will never do it again." I opened the gate and let him out. I fed him and did not appear to be angry with him. Freddie never, ever went back into the vegetable garden again.
  • John 8:3-11 (NKJV) The scribes and Pharisees brought to Jesus a woman caught in adultery. And when they had set her in the midst, they said to Him, “Teacher, this woman was caught in adultery, in the very act. Now Moses, in the law, commanded us that such should be stoned. But what do You say?” This they said, testing Him, that they might have something of which to accuse Him. But Jesus stooped down and wrote on the ground with His finger, as though He did not hear. So when they continued asking Him, He raised Himself up and said to them, “He who is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first.” And again He stooped down and wrote on the ground. Then those who heard it, being convicted by their conscience, went out one by one, beginning with the oldest even to the last. And Jesus was left alone, and the woman standing in the midst. When Jesus had raised Himself up and saw no one but the woman, He said to her, “Woman, where are those accusers of yours? Has no one condemned you?” She said, “No one, Lord.” And Jesus said to her, “Neither do I condemn you; go and sin no more.”
  • Rom. 8:34 Who is he who condemns? It is Christ who died, and furthermore is also risen, who is even at the right hand of God, who also makes intercession for us.
  • Rom. 8:1 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.
  • Rev. 12:10 Then I heard a loud voice saying in heaven, “Now salvation, and strength, and the kingdom of our God, and the power of His Christ have come, for the accuser of our brethren, who accused them before our God day and night, has been cast down.
The wrath of the Lord no longer remains on the believer. He is not condemning us - that is the job of the accuser of the brethren. Hanging on the cross Jesus said, "It is finished." We have been reconciled with the Father and His wrath has been appeased. God did not appoint wrath on to the believer but to obtain salvation through the Lord Jesus Christ who for the joy set before Him, He endured the cross despising the shame.

The sacrifices of God are not the burnt offerings of bulls and goats, but it is a broken and contrite heart. These, He will not despise. Concerning my letting my dog off the hook, I am reminded of Jesus' words in Matt. 7... "If you then, being evil, know how to give good gifts to your children (or pets), how much more will your heavenly Father give good things to those who ask Him?" Come out from behind the trees, you're forgiven.

Go in peace... and sin no more.