Monday, December 07, 2015

My Strength ~ My King

Guide Me O Thou Great Jehovah
I like to think of my Lord as my King, and I am His princess. I stumbled upon the following devotional this morning on Pinterest and wanted to share it with you... as well as have a record of it for myself here on The Writer's Blog. It deeply ministered to me, as though the King meant it only for me.

My Princess...
In your weakness, I will keep you strong. My child, I am well aware of the many things in this life that war against your spirit and soul. I know it feels like distractions and difficulties are sent daily to test your character and convictions. Remember, My love, I am training you through these tests to trust Me. I am preparing you today for your future. So seek Me in prayer for My strength, and don't give in to temptation or compromise. They are like quick sand lying in the path to righteousness. Hold on to Me and My power within you, and I promise that you will make it through. When the wicked winds try to blow out the flame of your faith or try to cause you to compromise, stand on My truth... I am your solid Rock, and you can conquer anything in My strength.
Wait on Me, My princess. My timing is always perfect. I know you're anxious about many things, and I see your passion for all the plans I have put in your heart. I know that you long to fly, and I see your enthusiasm. However, just as a vinedresser nurtures the vine and waits patiently for the right moment to harvest the grapes, so too am I working tirelessly to prepare you to bear much fruit. Don't run ahead of Me or try to fly before My plans are complete. Your strength will fail you, and your dreams will wither away. Trust Me that My dreams for you are far greater than you can dream on your own. You will run farther and soar higher if you will patiently wait for the season of My blessing. Draw close to Me now, and I promise that this season of waiting will bring you the sweetest of rewards.
Love,
Your King and Lord of perfect timing

Dear Lord, my King...
Thank You! I asked You to speak to my heart and You did. Help me to stand therefore, fully armored, remembering that I am more than a conqueror.

Guide me O Thou great Jehovah - Pilgrim through this barren land - I am weak but Thou art mighty - Hold me with Thy powerful hand. Bread of heaven, bread of heaven - Feed me till I want no more - Feed me till I want no more.

Open now the crystal fountain - Whence the healing stream doth flow - Let the fire and cloudy pillar - Lead me all my journey through. Strong deliverer, strong deliverer - Be Thou still my strength and shield - Be Thou still my strength and shield.

Go in peace.