Thursday, November 26, 2015

Give Thanks To The Lord on Thanksgiving Day

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!

It's funny how Thanksgiving has taken on new meaning for me since I began to follow Christ. I'm not merely thankful in general; but thankful specifically to my Lord and Savior who sought me out and drew me to Himself. The psalmist David said "He did not leave my soul in hell" but He has promised us eternal life. I guess, because I have come to understand much better, what a great price Jesus paid to redeem me and bring me into true reconciliation with my Heavenly Father... that my appreciation for this day has grown so much.

Psalm 107:1-2

Oh, give thanks to the Lord, for He is good!
For His mercy endures forever.
Let the redeemed of the Lord say so,
Whom He has redeemed from the hand of the enemy,

I love to eat. But for some reason, its not just about Turkey and Peach Cobbler anymore. It's about truly remembering what the Savior has done. I recently saw an old Richard Gere movie where he played King David. When they were bringing the Ark of the Covenant to the tabernacle, David danced before the Lord with all his might. That's thankfulness.

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes and was shooting up insulin four times everyday. But God healed me and now I am in total remission - no diabetic shots and no diabetic symptoms either. My blood glucose remains normal without insulin shots. The doctors said that I had no function in my pancreas, but God have me a new pancreas. By the stripes of Jesus, I am healed. That is what I am thankful for today... salvation and healing.

I'm also thankful for my wonderful husband and family and friends. My heart is dancing in thankfulness.

God bless you this holiday season. Jesus is the reason. Bless His holy name.

Go in peace.