Sunday, October 11, 2015

Too Overbearing With the Jesus Thing

I was hanging out with these two ladies and we got to discussing the goodness of the Lord. I was getting really worked up and excited and thought I could just stay right there forever.

The Bible teacher in me was ramping up when all of a sudden one of the ladies abruptly changed the conversation. We completely left talking about the Lord and she went to great lengths to make sure that we did not get back to discussing the Lord any more after that. I don't know if it was me or what... but I was kind of put out by it and really could've called it a day and left at that point.

I have experienced this many, many, many times and I wished I knew why people seemed to be turned off about having a discussion about Jesus.

I wonder... does it seem like I'm boasting of myself in my feeble attempts to boast about Christ? This happens a lot and I think its about time to do some serious soul searching concerning this.

She rudely cut me flat off and would not allow the conversation to continue.
O Lord, here she goes again!
She was like Popeye, "I've had all I can stands and I can't stands no more."

The apostle Paul said that we are fools when we boast in ourselves and James 4:16 says that we boast in our arrogance and all such boasting is evil. Maybe the Holy Spirit thought I was getting carried away with myself and He used her to cut me off. I don't know.

In 2 Cor. 11:30-31 the apostle said, "If I must boast, I would rather boast about the things that show how weak I am. God, the Father of our Lord Jesus, who is worthy of eternal praise, knows I am not lying."


As far back as I can remember, I've always been an introvert and feel most at home when I am by myself. These incidents and scenarios drive me further and further into seclusion and that cannot be a good thing. For why would you hide a light under a basket? 

Lord speak to my heart concerning this. Am I really that overbearing? Am I offensive with my Jesus talk? Do I take it too far? Have I become so heavenly-minded that I am simply no earthly good?

Lead me in Your truth and teach me, for You are the God of my salvation; on You I wait all the day. Psalm 25:5