Monday, October 19, 2015

It Is Well With My Soul

It is my personal opinion, that if we teach on a subject that challenges our flesh, then we should also teach on the grace of God to balance it out. If we teach too much on one subject then we become immersed and unbalanced with too much focus on that thing.

I remember back in the day, I had been hearing a lot of sermons on sin and it made me very sin-conscious. I began to pray everyday for God to forgive me and I felt bad that I kept letting Him down. But then another sermon and another would come and add to my frustration and feelings of loathsomeness and disgust.

I felt like God must really be disappointed with me since He kept sending me these sermons on sin. I had started to develop a dead dog image of myself because of my continued failures to live a sin free life.

Then one day I was down on my knees praying and crying out to the Lord, pleading with Him again for my sins. Out of sheer helplessness, I flung myself onto the floor into a prostrate position and I cried out to God, "What else do You want from me?" He gently replied, "Just accept My grace."

I had been crying the ugly cry, with snot and all... and to my surprise it shut off like a faucet. No dripping. No nothing. It just stopped! I got up off the floor and washed my face and hands. I went to my study table, opened my Bible and began to study grace. Over the next few weeks (maybe months) I inundated my thoughts with God's grace... and guess what? That was the cure for my sinfulness. His grace is sufficient. Where sin abounds, His grace did much more abound.

But... they say, "Shall we continue in sin that grace may abound?" Certainly not! His abundant grace is sufficient to set aside all the sin that so easily besets us; for He is able to keep us from falling.

The scribes and Pharisees brought a woman to Jesus that was caught in the very act of adultery stating that Moses said to stone her... what do You say? Jesus said to them, "He that is without sin among you, let him throw a stone at her first." Being convicted they dropped their stones and walked away. Jesus asked her, "Where are your accusers?" She replied, "No man Lord." He said, "Neither do I condemn you. Go and sin no more."

Then Jesus spoke to His followers, saying, “I am the light of the world. He who follows Me shall not walk in darkness, but have the light of life.”

Rom. 8:1-2 There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit. For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus has made me free from the law of sin and death.

Victory over the flesh is won in the Spirit. Let us look to Him - the Helper - the Comforter, to guide us through this life.

"Accept My grace... just accept My grace for you. All is well."

The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ be with you all. Amen.