Sunday, December 03, 2017

BE STRONG ! ! !

I like this Scripture because it forces me to recognize that everything in life will not be easy. 
Sometimes I have to just do it even though it gets hard.

If you have run with the footmen, and they have wearied you,
Then how can you contend with horses?
And if in the land of peace,
In which you trusted, they wearied you,
Then how will you do in the floodplain of the Jordan?
Jer. 12:5 (NKJV)


A few years back, I was teaching Sunday School (a combined men and women's class). Some of the brothers made it their weekly duty to challenge me. They called me out on any small infraction they could find. Anytime they were in class, they made it their business to weary me. So after a year of dealing with it, I resigned my post as Sunday School teacher and sat down. But that was wearisome too, because teaching is my calling and to sit down on it is like fire shut up in my bones.

The entire class consisted of about 20 students of all ages. These are the footmen.

I know that God has called me to a greater audience at some point in the future. If I cannot contend with 20 footmen giving me a hard time, I will certainly be trampled by the greater audience. These are the horses.

I hate that I stepped down from teaching. Aside from those brothers, it was doing the others a lot of good. I should have turned my focus on them, and them only.

Let your eyes look straight ahead,
And your eyelids look right before you.
Ponder the path of your feet,
And let all your ways be established.
Prov. 4:25-26 (NKJV)

In 1996, a man of God came to me, who did not know me and said that God told him I was going to help a lot of people. I need to keep my focus on them from now on... and if it gets hard, I will just have to do it hard.

Then Jesus said to His disciples, “If anyone desires to come after Me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow Me." Matt. 16:24 (NKJV)