Saturday, February 18, 2017

Why I Write


I write to find strength.
❤ ❤ ❤
I write to become the person that hides inside me.
❤ ❤ ❤
I write to light the way through the darkness for others.
❤ ❤ ❤
I write to be seen and heard.
❤ ❤ ❤
I write by accident, promptings, purposefully
and anywhere there is paper.
❤ ❤ ❤ 
I write because my heart speaks a different language
that someone needs to hear.
❤ ❤ ❤
I write past the embarrassment of exposure.
❤ ❤ ❤
I write because hypocrisy doesn’t need answers,
rather it needs questions to heal.
❤ ❤ ❤ 
I write myself out of nightmares.
❤ ❤ ❤
I write because I am nostalgic, romantic
and demand happy endings.
❤ ❤ ❤
I write to remember.
❤ ❤ ❤
I write knowing conversations don’t always take place.
❤ ❤ ❤
I write because speaking can’t be re-read.
❤ ❤ ❤
I write to sooth a mind that races.
❤ ❤ ❤
I write because you can play on the page
like a child left alone in the sand.
❤ ❤ ❤
I write because my emotions
belong to the moon; high tide, low tide.
❤ ❤ ❤
I write because I want to paint the world
the way I see love should be.
❤ ❤ ❤
I write to provide a legacy.
❤ ❤ ❤
I write to make sense out of senselessness.
❤ ❤ ❤
I write for the haters,
the lovers,
the lonely,
the brokenhearted
and the dreamers.
❤ ❤ ❤
I write because one day someone will tell me
that my emotions were not a waste of time.
❤ ❤ ❤ 
I write because God loves stories.
❤ ❤ ❤
I write because one day I will be gone,
but what I believed and felt will live on.
❤ ❤ ❤

By Shannon L. Alder