Sunday, February 19, 2017

Life Is Waiting

I know there is something divinely significant
that God is going to do with my life.
We were all put on this earth with a purpose.
Abraham and Sarah waited 25 years
for the promise of Isaac to manifest.
I, too, will wait.

" I Wait! "

In the movie, The Terminal, Viktor Navorski, played by Tom Hanks, arrives at JFK International Airport, but finds that he is not allowed to enter the United States. While he was on the airplane on the way to America, a revolution broke out in his home country. Because of the civil war, America no longer recognizes his country as a sovereign nation and denies him entrance into the United States. The reason he was coming to America was to honor his dead father's last dying wish. He lived at the airport for almost a year, waiting for entrance into New York City to fulfill his father's dying wish. By this time, the civil war had ended and Viktor was able to complete the mission of collecting his father's Jazz artists autograph collection, having patiently waited for the opportunity to enter New York City.

Psalm 25:3 NKJV
Indeed, let no one who waits on You be ashamed;
Let those be ashamed who deal treacherously without cause.

Psalm 25:4-5 NKJV
Show me Your ways, O LORD;
Teach me Your paths.
Lead me in Your truth and teach me,
For You are the God of my salvation;
On You I wait all the day.

Psalm 40:1 NKJV
I waited patiently for the LORD;
And He inclined to me, and heard my cry.

Isaiah 25:9 NKJV
And it will be said in that day:
"Behold, this is our God; 
We have waited for Him, and He will save us.
This is the LORD; we have waited for Him;
We will be glad and rejoice in His salvation."

Micah 7:7 NKJV
Therefore I will look to the LORD;
I will wait for the God of my salvation;
My God will hear me.

Isaiah 40:29-31 NKJV
He gives power to the weak,
And to those who have no might
He increases strength.
Even the youths shall faint and be weary,
And the young men shall utterly fall,
But those who wait on the LORD
Shall renew their strength;
They shall mount up with wings like eagles,
They shall run and not be weary,
They shall walk and not faint.

Isaiah 49:23 NKJV
Kings shall be your foster fathers,
And their queens your nursing mothers;
They shall bow down to you
With their faces to the earth,
And lick up the dust of your feet.
Then you will know that I am the LORD,
For they shall not be ashamed who wait for Me."

Romans 5:5 NKJV
Now hope does not disappoint,
Because the love of God has been poured out
In our hearts by the Holy Spirit
Who was given to us.

Psalm 69:6 NKJV
Let not those who wait for You,
O Lord GOD of hosts,
Be ashamed because of me;
Let not those who seek You
Be confounded because of me,
O God of Israel.

Psalm 119:116 NKJV
Uphold me according to Your word,
That I may live;
And do not let me be ashamed of my hope.

Go in peace.