Tuesday, May 30, 2017

God Cares


A few years ago, I read a book called Rainbow’s End by Irene Hannon. It arrived at my house during a time when I was confused, and asking the why-God-why question. Sometimes we feel like we are following God’s plan only to find ourselves in confusion and mayhem, wondering how did this happen while I was following God's plan. We might think, this can't be the will of God.

The funny thing about this book arriving at my house was that I had not ordered it. They sent it to me as part of a promotion to sign up for a monthly subscription.

The story is about a man that had lost his wife and set out to drive across country in an effort to find healing for his broken heart. He had been on the road a long time and was still just as broken and empty as ever. His relationship with the Lord was fading into oblivion, because he didn't understand why God was against him. This is where I come in. I could totally relate to how Keith felt, because at the time I was dealing with my own heart ache. Keith ended up getting stuck on a tourist island when a sudden thunderstorm rose up and he wasn't able to catch the ferry off the island. All the hotels were full and as a last ditch effort, he was told about this widow woman that had a cottage he could stay in overnight, but things just go from bad to worse.

It's hard to imagine that a God who loves us so much and has the power to do the impossible, can seem so far away when we need Him. Yet and still, He is the God of the impossible and He works in mysterious ways. Keith had lost faith in God, but he found it again at Rainbow's End. This story had a very big impact on my life. I bought a copy of it for my mother and my sister, praying that it would bring healing to them as well.

After the thunderstorm, comes the rainbow, and it is a sign of the everlasting covenant that God made with living, breathing creatures on the earth that He would not destroy it again by flood. It is a sign of His goodness toward mankind, even though we don't deserve it.

God knows what He's doing. Though to us at times, He appears so far away, and our prayers seemingly go on ignored. The truth is, He is a very present help in trouble. He knows how to heal the severely broken and the feeble. He is an on time God and He can be trusted to bear us up when we are torn down. Charles Spurgeon said, "We cannot always trace God's hand, but we can always trust God's heart."




He loves me and He loves you too. The Bible is full of men and women that trusted God and was delivered from all their afflictions. They were not put to shame by circumstances that God did not deliver them out of, for our God knows how to deliver and He is never late.

Ps. 34:18 The Lord is near to those who have a broken heart, and saves such as have a contrite spirit.

Ps. 147: 3 He heals the brokenhearted and binds up their wounds.

Don't give up on God because He won't give up on you. Give Him your brokenness. Take hold of the horns of the alter and don't let go. Don't let the enemy, nor your circumstances deceive you into doubting that God is not concerned about everything little thing that concerns you.

Luke 12:7 But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. Do not fear therefore; you are of more value than many sparrows.

1 Peter 5:6-7 Therefore humble yourselves under the mighty hand of God, that He may exalt you in due time, casting all your care upon Him, for He cares for you.

Thank You Lord for reminding me of Your ways of doing things... and that sometimes it does not line up with my way of thinking. I love You my everlasting Father, and my Prince of Peace.

To God be the glory.
Dee Richardson, Voice of the Dove